Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My own take on a beef stew recipe I found on Allrecipes. Original recipe had 97 five star reviews. I simplified a bit..still wonderful.
- 3 lbs lean beef stew meat
- 3⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon worchestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 cup all purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing (like Wishbone,do not use light or low calorie)
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 3 1⁄2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 small potatoes, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 6 medium carrots, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery, stalks chopped
- In large bowl, toss stew meat with seasong salt and worchestershire sauce. Sprinkle flour over meat and toss to coat well.
- In large Dutch oven, brown meat in salad dressing. Reduce heat to low and slowly add beef broth, stirring constantly and scraping up browned bits of flour and meat from bottom of pot. Add next 9 ingredients, stirring to combine; increase heat to medium-high and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, or until meat is very tender.
- Add potatoes, carrots, celery, and onions. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Discard bay leaf before serving.