Recipe by Manami
Perfect for a holiday brunch -- a simple but elegant cake. Courtesy of Michelle A. Shephard. This is lovely enough for a shower or even a wedding! Have not allowed for the cooling times, you'll need at least 2 hours.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1⁄2 cup chopped macadamia nuts, toasted, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup chopped banana
- chocolate, glaze for drizzling
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease and lightly flour 12 cup Bundt pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- Drain pineapple tidbits, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Combine reserved pineapple juice and buttermilk in small bowl.
- Beat butter in large mixer bowl on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, beating on medium speed until well combined.
- Add eggs, mashed bananas and vanilla extract; beat well.
- Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined.
- Stir in morsels and 1/4 cup of the macadamia nuts. Gently fold in drained pineapple tidbits, strawberries and banana. Spread batter into prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze; combine all the glaze ingredients in small saucepan over low heat, stirring until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- USE IMMEDIATELY.
- Now that the cake has cooled completely drizzle with chocolate glaze and the remaining 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.