Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I cant wait to bake this! If this sounds good, check out the 5 Layer Peach Cobbler Coffee Cake! I posted. Wonderful!
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix (with out pudding)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- confectioners' sugar, to sprinkle (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Grease a 3 quart Bundt pan.
- Puree bananas (1 cup).
- Combine banana, cake mix, pudding, oil, eggs and vanilla extract in large mixing bowl.
- Mix well, beat on medium speed 8 minutes, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Mix almonds, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; pour one-half cake batter into pan.
- Sprinkle with sugar mixture, cover with remaining batter.
- Stick a knife in the batter, swirl in figure 8 patterns through the layers (Be careful, don't over mix layers).
- Bake 60-65 minutes. Cool in pan on rack 10 minutes, then invert on rack to cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- You may garnish cake with sliced bananas if desired.
This recipe elevated a plain cake mix into something special. I used a banana cake mix and pecans instead of almonds. The cake stayed super moist and was a huge hit with my family. I skipped the powdered sugar and we thought the cake was plenty sweet without it. I saved this recipe in my favorites. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
Easy to make and delicious. Next time I make it, I will add some mini chocolate chips to the sugar-nut mixture. I will also save some sugar-nut mixture and put it on the top of the cake before putting it in the oven.
I might have made a mistake somewhere along the line but this did not come out like a coffee cake at all, but more like a banana cinnamon swirl cake!! it is a tasty cake but it was not what i expected. I baked it in a 13X9 in pan which is what i normally use for coffee cakes. i will keep on the hunt for a great coffee cake recipe which i have not found yet :(