Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This taco dip is incredibly simple to make - so simple, it doesn't seem right that it can taste so good. We got this recipe from my friend Kathy, who altered a recipe she had found online. Whenever I make this, my DH asks me to make two so he can enjoy it again after the party. It gets gobbled up quickly no matter where we take it! The main key is to make this the day before and let it chill in the fridge overnight - allowing the flavors to meld together. Feel free to get creative with the ingredients!
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning
- 16 ounces fat-free refried beans
- 16 ounces fat free sour cream
- 10 ounces mexicorn (canned)
- 15 ounces low fat guacamole (prepackaged)
- 16 ounces salsa
- 4 ounces green chilies
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese or 2 cups monterey jack pepper cheese, blend
- 4 ounces sliced olives
- Mix refried beans, taco seasoning and 1-2 T salsa.
- Spread in bottom of 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Spread sour cream on top of refried beans - take all the way to edges.
- Sprinkle corn on top of sour cream.
- Spread guacamole on top of corn and sour cream - take to edges of pan.
- Spread remaining salsa on top of guacamole - take to edges of pan.
- Sprinkle chiles on top of salsa.
- Cover entire dish with shredded cheese. Feel free to use whatever blend you prefer.
- Sprinkle sliced olives on top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and put in refrigerator.
- Take it out of fridge approximately 1/2-1 hour prior to ready to eat. Serve with tortilla chips.
Wow. I was going to a party for people I have never met. Was asked to bring a dish, decided I would try this one....cauze it looked good. I made my own guacamole, so prep time was a little longer, but I gotta tell you.....THIS DISH WAS AWESOME! I set it out on the table of appetizers and it was completely GONE within 30 minutes and thereafter I was introduced as the lady who made "that" taco dip! LOL!! Thanks! I WILL make this again.
Yum! I made this recipe for a party and it was almost totally devoured! Everyone really enjoyed it and it was quite easy to make! I had a number of guests requesting the recipe! Thanks for posting!
The can of mexicorn adds a really nice texture to this particular taco dip, which is not something most dips like this have. Excellent and loved by all!