Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I was served this at a luncheon, and could not believe it was so delicious and quick!! I will never make the old fashioned kind again! Hint: the soup gets better as it sets. Even better the next day. Serve with freshly baked/buttered rolls or bread. I usually make this about an hour before serving. Yummy Hope you like it.
- 1 carrot, 1/4 in. slices
- 1 stalk celery, 1/4 in. slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 4 (10 3/4 ounce) cans bean with bacon soup
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans water (clean out remaining soup)
- 1 kielbasa, ring sliced or 1 smoked sausage, sliced
- Mix carrots, celery, onion and 1 cup of water in saucepan. Bring to boil for 5 minutes. Do not Drain.
- Add the canned soup and 2 cans water to the saucepan with the vegetables. Slice smoked sausage into 2 inch slices and add to same saucepan.
- Simmer the soup for 12-15 minutes.Some people have added a finely chopped small potato to the vegetables. (This may require 1-2 minutes longer boiling time). Soup thickens as it sets. May add more water or another can of soup to adjust thickness to your liking.