Recipe by Librarybaker
This recipe appeared in the Birmingham News after a reader requested the recipe. I changed it a bit to suit our tastes. It's easy and quite good. I use fresh oregano and parsley since I grow them, but it works with dried as well. The recipe can easily be halved, but the leftovers are great! The seasoning amounts are to taste.
Top Review by diner524
I love a Greek style chicken recipe as I love lemon and this one totally hit the mark for us!!! I scaled it back for two, using 4 small thighs and seasoned it to our liking for the spices. I also added some quartered red-skinned potatoes to the whole thing once it was cooking for awhile!! We really enjoyed our dinner, thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2011.
- 2 whole fryer chickens, each cut into quarters
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 lemons, juiced (also grate the peel of one of the lemons)
- garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in baking pan. Pour broth over chicken pieces.
- Drizzle olive oil over pieces.
- Blend the lemon juice, lemon rind, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parsley together and pour over the chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes or until golden and the meat pulls away from the bones.