Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe appeared in the Birmingham News after a reader requested the recipe. I changed it a bit to suit our tastes. It's easy and quite good. I use fresh oregano and parsley since I grow them, but it works with dried as well. The recipe can easily be halved, but the leftovers are great! The seasoning amounts are to taste.
- 2 whole fryer chickens, each cut into quarters
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 lemons, juiced (also grate the peel of one of the lemons)
- garlic powder
- Place chicken in baking pan. Pour broth over chicken pieces.
- Drizzle olive oil over pieces.
- Blend the lemon juice, lemon rind, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parsley together and pour over the chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes or until golden and the meat pulls away from the bones.
I love a Greek style chicken recipe as I love lemon and this one totally hit the mark for us!!! I scaled it back for two, using 4 small thighs and seasoned it to our liking for the spices. I also added some quartered red-skinned potatoes to the whole thing once it was cooking for awhile!! We really enjoyed our dinner, thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2011.
We really enjoyed this this quick and easy chicken. Loved the lemony flavor. Thanks so much for sharing this LibraryBaker, can't wait to make it again.