Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (16 ounce) can pink beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro or 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- Tabasco sauce
- Combine all ingredients.
- Serve with the bottle of hot sauce on the side, so each diner can add more heat to his or her taste.
Instructions for the salad are lacking but the salad is wonderful. I have never made quinoa before but this had such a great flavor and cruch. I really liked the cilantro and hot sauce together. I think this would also be great with Rotel tomatoes and green chilis. The important thing to note about making quinoa is that it must be rinsed very well or will turn out bitter.
I would add olive oil and something zesty like red hot chile pepper flakes. We liked it.
This was a fantastic salad. I substituted fava beans for the pink beans. This is one of my favourite recipes right now. Thanks!