Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is Ina Garten's recipe (The Barefoot Contessa) and I think it is delicious. However, I have never made any of her recipes that I didn't think was delicious. I love this over yogurt.
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups sweetened coconut, shredded
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried apricots, diced
- 1 cup dried fig, diced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup cashews, roasted
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Toss, oats, coconut and almonds together in large bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together the oil and honey in small bowl and pour over the oat mixture and stir with wooden spoon until all the oats, coconut and nuts are coated.
- Pour into a 13x9 baking pan and bake. Stir occasionally with spatula until mixture turns a nice golden brown about 45 minutes.
- Remove granola from oven and allow to cool, stirring occasionally. Add the apricots, figs, cranberries and cashews. You can put whatever mix of dried fruit in that you please. I have even started to put in a cup of dark chocolate chips after the oats mix has cooled.
- Great snack!
- Store cooled granola in airtight container.
Wonderful granola! This makes a whole lot of granola! Be sure to watch your oven, my granola was done about 10 minutes before time indicated. I replaced the figs with chopped dates and also added in 1 cup of dried blueberries to the mix. This will be great for snacking, or as a topping for yogurt and fresh fruit! Thank you for sharing, Irish Rose! : )