1/4 Photos of Ina's Coconut Macaroons
This recipe comes from one of my many Barefoot Contessa cookbooks. I've tried many coconut macaroon recipes and this one is by far the best. For an extra special treat I have been known to dip the bottoms in bittersweet chocolate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Combine the coconut, condensed milk, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- 3Whip the egg whites and salt on high speed in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment until they make medium-firm peaks.
- 4Carefully fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture.
- 5Drop the batter onto sheet pans lined with parchment paper using either a 1 3/4-inch diameter ice cream scoop, or 2 teaspoons.
- 6Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- 7Cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ina's Coconut Macaroons
Serving Size: 1 (866 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.4
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 6.7 mg
- Sodium 111.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 19.4 g
- Protein 2.5 g