1/1 Photo of Ina's Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Irish Rose's Note:
This is the Barefoot Contessa's favorite chicken salad sandwich. I absolutely love all of her recipes and this was no exception. She roasts her chickens rather than poaching them to insure that the chicken stays moist. I have tried it both ways and I think I have to agree with Ina, I like the roasting method best. However, use whatever method you prefer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place the chicken breasts, skin side up, on a sheet pan and rub them with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- 3Roast for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- 4When the chicken is cool, remove and discard the skin and bones and cut chicken into 3/4 inch pieces. Place chicken in bowl and add the mayo, tarragon, celery, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper and toss well.
- 5To assemble, spread a little mayo on half the bread slices, top with the chicken salad and amount of mixed salad greens you prefer.
- 6Cover with remaining slices of bread, cut in half and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ina's Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.4
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 57.8 mg
- Sodium 632.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 20.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh tarragon leaves
mixed salad greens