This gluten free Grilled Lemon Chicken recipe from Ina Garten's Barefoot Contessa cookbook is easy to make and amazingly delicious. http://www.elanaspantry.com/inas-grilled-lemon-chicken/
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, halved and skins removed
- 1 head romaine lettuce, remove bottom and chiffonade leaves
- 2 large carrots, grated or juilenned
- 1. In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme to make marinade.
- 2. Place chicken breasts in a pyrex dish, then pour marinade over chicken and refrigerate for 6 hours to overnight.
- 3. Heat grill and cook chicken breasts for 10 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- 4. Cool chicken and cut diagonally into ½ inch thick slices.
- 5. Place chiffonaded Romaine on a serving platter, then top with julienned carrots.
- 6. Place chicken over vegetables and serve with "Peanut" Sauce.