Recipe by rickoholic83
Take a break from the heat of the kitchen and whip up this perfect summer salad.
Top Review by mianbao
This is good! It's a very luxurious shrimp salad, in my experience, and would be beautiful as is on a croissant. It could also be part of a larger green salad. I think some avocado added would be delicious. How lucky I was that I happened to have shrimp in the freezer and some fresh dill! The word serendipitous comes to mind. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe with us.
- 4 lbs frozen cooked shrimp, thawed (I used 2 '50-70 per pound' bags from Costco)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 1 cup red onion, minced
- 3 cups celery, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper and dill.
- Combine with the shrimp.
- Add the red onion and celery and check the seasonings.
- Serve or cover and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Note: If using a food processor to mince the onion and celery, make sure you drain them in a colander before adding them to the salad.