Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Take a break from the heat of the kitchen and whip up this perfect summer salad.
Make and share this Ina Garten's Shrimp Salad (Barefoot Contessa) recipe from Food.com.
- 4 lbs frozen cooked shrimp, thawed (I used 2 '50-70 per pound' bags from Costco)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 1 cup red onion, minced
- 3 cups celery, minced
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper and dill.
- Combine with the shrimp.
- Add the red onion and celery and check the seasonings.
- Serve or cover and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Note: If using a food processor to mince the onion and celery, make sure you drain them in a colander before adding them to the salad.
Made as directed only I made half a recipe for two of us and left the salt out and added a few frozen peas I had leftover. This is an easy, simple and delicious recipe and one that I will make again. Thank you.
This was so delicious and refreshing! I cut back on the celery to just 1 cup and chopped it super fine because we are not big celery lovers. I think the smaller amount was just perfect for us. Loved it!
Made this with 1 lb of fresh gulf shrimp boiled with lemon,garlic and celery. Obviously reduced all other ingredients. Absolutely fabulous!!!! Two thumbs up Ina!!!!