Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Take a break from the heat of the kitchen and whip up this perfect summer salad.
- 4 lbs frozen cooked shrimp, thawed (I used 2 '50-70 per pound' bags from Costco)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 1 cup red onion, minced
- 3 cups celery, minced
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper and dill.
- Combine with the shrimp.
- Add the red onion and celery and check the seasonings.
- Serve or cover and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Note: If using a food processor to mince the onion and celery, make sure you drain them in a colander before adding them to the salad.
This is good! It's a very luxurious shrimp salad, in my experience, and would be beautiful as is on a croissant. It could also be part of a larger green salad. I think some avocado added would be delicious. How lucky I was that I happened to have shrimp in the freezer and some fresh dill! The word serendipitous comes to mind. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe with us.
Made as directed only I made half a recipe for two of us and left the salt out and added a few frozen peas I had leftover. This is an easy, simple and delicious recipe and one that I will make again. Thank you.
I didn't expect all of these great flavours from a seemingly simple recipe! I used large shrimp that I cooked and cut into quarters and made the recipe exactly as directed. This is fabulous just on its own, no need to have it on greens or with anything else! Made for my adopted chef for Spring PAC 2013. Thanks rickoholic83!