Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Ina Garten Barefoot Contessa Parties. See my posted menu Ina Garten - "Outdoor Grill". Haven't made yet so quantity is a guess.
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup pignolis
- 3 tablespoons garlic, diced (9 cloves)
- 5 cups basil leaves, packed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 1⁄2 cups olive oil
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Place the walnuts, pignolis and garlic in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Process for 30 seconds. Add the basil, salt and pepper. With the processor running, slowly pour the olive oil into the bowl through the feed tube and process until the pesto is finely pureed. Add the Parmesan and puree for a minute. Serve, or store the pesto in the refrigerator or freezer with a thin film of of olive oil on top.