Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from the Today Show starring chef Ina Garten. My husband and I enjoy this simple, but delicious, recipe at least once a week. I make the recipe as posted but have substituted a large onion when I forget to buy fennel bulbs. I also use frozen baby green beans instead of French string beans.
- 2 small fennel bulbs, tops removed
- 1 lb small potato
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 lb string bean, fresh French
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, ends removed, cut diagonally into 3-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the fennel bulbs into 6 wedges each, cutting through the core to keep the wedges intact. Place on a sheet pan. Cut the potatoes in half length-wise and place them on the pan with the fennel. Drizzle the olive oil on the vegetables, then sprinkle with 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Toss with your hands.
- Roast the vegetables for 25 - 30 minutes, until the potatoes are tender, tossing once while cooking. Toss the string beans and asparagus with the roasted vegetables and roast for another 10 - 15 minutes, until the vegetables are tender. Sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese and roast for another minute or two until the cheese melts.