1/1 Photo of Ina Garten's Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread (Barefoot Contessa)
Literary Mom's Note:
My mother-in-law was missing part of this recipe (she came in late on the show) so she had me track it down and I'm posting it in case anyone else goes looking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 extra large eggs, Lightly Beaten
- 1/2 lb unsalted butter, Melted (Plus Extra To Grease The Pan)
- 8 ounces aged extra-sharp cheddar cheese, Grated, Divided
- 1/3 cup scallion, Chopped (White And Green Parts, Plus Extra For Garnish, 3 Scallions)
- 3 tablespoons fresh jalapenos, Seeded And Minced
- 1Combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- 2In a separate bowl, combine the milk, eggs, and butter.
- 3With a wooden spoon, stir the wet ingredients into the dry until most of the lumps are dissolved. Don't overmix!
- 4Mix in 2 cups of the grated Cheddar, the scallions and jalapenos, and allow the mixture to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 6Grease a 9 by 13 by 2-inch baking pan.
- 7Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top, and sprinkle with the remaining grated Cheddar and extra chopped scallions.
- 8Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 9Cool and cut into large squares. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ina Garten's Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread (Barefoot Contessa)
Serving Size: 1 (1729 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5099.7
- Calories from Fat 2697
- Total Fat 299.7 g
- Saturated Fat 181.5 g
- Cholesterol 1352.9 mg
- Sodium 7611.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 466.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.4 g
- Sugars 55.0 g
- Protein 142.7 g