Saw this on Ina Garten's Back to Basics a few weeks back. Been thinking about it a lot and I finally tried it! It was super yummy! The only change I made was to subsitute dried cranberries for the raisins because we don't like them! :) serve as sandwiches or scoop up with crackers! Enjoy! PREP TIME IS TIME TO ROAST CHICKEN AND COOL. COOK TIME IS TIME TO REFRIGERATE SALAD FOR FLAVORS TO BLEND!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 whole chicken breasts, bone-in, skin-on
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup major grey's chutney
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup medium-diced celery (2 large stalks)
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped, white and green parts (about 2 onions)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup whole roasted salted cashews
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place the chicken breasts on a sheet pan and rub the skin with olive oil. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until chicken is just cooked. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Remove the meat from the bones, discard the skin, and dice chicken in large bite-size pieces.
- 3For the dressing, combine the mayonnaise, wine, chutney and curry powder, and 1 ½ teaspoons salt in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Process until smooth.
- 4Combine the chicken with enough dressing to moisten well. Add the celery, scallions, and raisins, and mix well. Refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors to blend. Add the cashews and serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ina Garten's Curried Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1068.4
- Calories from Fat 686
- Total Fat 76.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 162.1 mg
- Sodium 1008.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 52.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: