Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 hrs
Saw this on Ina Garten's Back to Basics a few weeks back. Been thinking about it a lot and I finally tried it! It was super yummy! The only change I made was to subsitute dried cranberries for the raisins because we don't like them! :) serve as sandwiches or scoop up with crackers! Enjoy! PREP TIME IS TIME TO ROAST CHICKEN AND COOL. COOK TIME IS TIME TO REFRIGERATE SALAD FOR FLAVORS TO BLEND!
- 3 whole chicken breasts, bone-in, skin-on
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup major grey's chutney
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup medium-diced celery (2 large stalks)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped, white and green parts (about 2 onions)
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 cup whole roasted salted cashews
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the chicken breasts on a sheet pan and rub the skin with olive oil. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until chicken is just cooked. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Remove the meat from the bones, discard the skin, and dice chicken in large bite-size pieces.
- For the dressing, combine the mayonnaise, wine, chutney and curry powder, and 1 ½ teaspoons salt in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Process until smooth.
- Combine the chicken with enough dressing to moisten well. Add the celery, scallions, and raisins, and mix well. Refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors to blend. Add the cashews and serve at room temperature.
Even though I left out the celery, made recipe right down the line. Enjoyed as it was part of lunch today, a very nice salad , perfect flavors, and plan on repeating. Made for PRMR tag.
Wow - this was incredible! I halved the recipe, using 1-1/2 split chicken breasts. I also used dried cranberries, as suggested, which made this extra-special. The flavor is absolutely wonderful, and tastes like something you'd pay $14.00 a pound for in a gourmet shop! I will be making this often. Thanks for sharing! Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag Game.