These potatoes are not quite as crispy like fries but they're better for you because they're baked. The serving size says 4, but I eat all of them at one sitting! Adapted from Ina Garten's book,"Back to Basics"(Barefoot Contessa). Ina likes to cut them into fairly large wedges, but I like them smaller(like french fries) because I love the crispiness and get more of it with smaller wedges! Sweet potatoes are available year-round, but their prime season is really autumn and winter. Choose potatoes that are smooth and unblemished, and use them fairly soon because they don't keep as well as other potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 425*F.
- Cut sweet potatoes in wedges or like french fries.
- Place wedges on large baking pan or cookie sheet. Pour over olive oil, and toss to mix.
- Now sprinkle over brown sugar, salt, and black pepper. Toss to coat wedges.
- Spread out in a single layer. Place pan in oven and bake for 15 minutes, then take out and turn wedges over.
- Place back in oven and bake another 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Sprinke with extra kosher salt to taste. The cooking time will depend on how big the wedges are. Enjoy!
- Note: These are also good with a little ground cumin sprinkled with the other seasonings. Have fun and experiment!