Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A recipe from Ina Garden that I took on the blog of Recipe Girl.
Make and share this Ina Garden's Italian Wedding Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 lb turkey sausage, casings removed
- 2⁄3 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 2 medium cloves)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup minced yellow onion
- 1 cup diced carrot (about 3 medium)
- 1 cup diced celery (about 2 large stalks)
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup small shell pasta
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh dill
- 8 ounces fresh Baby Spinach, trimmed, washed & patted dry
- extra parmesan cheese, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare meatballs: Place ground meats, bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, Parmesan, milk, egg, 1 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoons pepper in a bowl and combine gently with a fork. With a teaspoon, drop 1-inch meatballs onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper (you’ll make somewhere around 40 meatballs). Bake for 30 minutes, until cooked through and lightly browned. Set aside.
- Prepare soup: Heat olive oil over medium-low heat in a large stock pot. Add onion, carrots, and celery and saute until softened, 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the chicken broth and wine and bring to a boil. Add pasta to the simmering broth and cook an additional 6 to 8 minutes, until the pasta is tender. Add the fresh dill and then the meatballs to the soup and simmer for 1 minute. Taste for salt and pepper. Stir in spinach and cook for 1 minute, until spinach is just wilted. Ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle each serving with extra grated Parmesan cheese.
Delicious soup! I unfortunately discovered I had no carrots, so to add color I used red bell pepper....these were pretty, but I think the soup would have tasted better with the original carrots! I ended up with a bit more meatballs than called for, but used the specified amounts of meat. Delicious! Thanks for sharing!!
Made this for our lunch the other day and it was DELICIOUS! I cut the recipe in half and followed the instructions adding some diced zucchini like another reviewer because I needed to use it up. Definately a keeper. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.
I'm not so big on spinach, but cut this recipe in half & made it particularly for my other half ~ I had a small bowl & he had a large one, then took the final portion to work for lunch! Very, very tasty soup, for sure especially with these meatballs! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]