A recipe from Ina Garden that I took on the blog of Recipe Girl.
Make and share this Ina Garden's Italian Wedding Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 lb turkey sausage, casings removed
- 2⁄3 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 2 medium cloves)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup minced yellow onion
- 1 cup diced carrot (about 3 medium)
- 1 cup diced celery (about 2 large stalks)
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup small shell pasta
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh dill
- 8 ounces fresh Baby Spinach, trimmed, washed & patted dry
- extra parmesan cheese, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare meatballs: Place ground meats, bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, Parmesan, milk, egg, 1 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoons pepper in a bowl and combine gently with a fork. With a teaspoon, drop 1-inch meatballs onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper (you’ll make somewhere around 40 meatballs). Bake for 30 minutes, until cooked through and lightly browned. Set aside.
- Prepare soup: Heat olive oil over medium-low heat in a large stock pot. Add onion, carrots, and celery and saute until softened, 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the chicken broth and wine and bring to a boil. Add pasta to the simmering broth and cook an additional 6 to 8 minutes, until the pasta is tender. Add the fresh dill and then the meatballs to the soup and simmer for 1 minute. Taste for salt and pepper. Stir in spinach and cook for 1 minute, until spinach is just wilted. Ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle each serving with extra grated Parmesan cheese.