Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Posted in response to a request for Zone Diet recipes
- 6 green bell peppers, 4 with tops off and 2 diced up for stuffing (2 carb)
- 1 cup diced onion (1 carb)
- 1⁄2 cup cooked brown rice (2 carb)
- 1 1⁄4 cups diced tomatoes (1 carb)
- 6 ounces lean ground beef (4 protein)
- 2 ounces low-fat cheese (2 protein)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (6 fat)
- salt and pepper
- Cook 4 peppers in a small amount of water and salt in microwave, until slightly tender.
- Combine rice, diced peppers, tomato, hamburger meat, and salt/pepper and saute in olive oil until vegetables are tender.
- Stuff the 4 green peppers with mixture.
- Any remaining vegetable mixture should be placed around stuffed peppers.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with cheese, and serve.
These are very good and filling! I make them all the time.