Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I had returned to New York from California this New Year to an empty kitchen and a snowstorm. Unable to get any groceries immediately, I had to make do with what I had on hand. I found some hero rolls that I had purchased just before I left on my trip, and decided to make garlic bread, even though I had no butter or fresh garlic. The result was actually really tasty!
- 3 (2 1/3 ounce) split hoagie rolls (day-old or stale)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Preheat broiler. Line cookie sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Lay split rolls on cookie sheet for 6 pieces of bread.
- Melt margarine in microwave for 1 minute on HIGH; remove from microwave and stir in garlic powder, cayenne, and Italian seasoning.
- With pastry brush, brush on seasoned margarine evenly, coating each piece well. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Broil until well browned and bubbling, approximately 5 minutes, or to you liking. Serve.
What terrific last minute garlic bread that is not only perfect of two but if you do have leftovers they make very tasty sandwiches and crotons alike. I did not use the paprika as I just forgot it (oops, sorry). Thanks for the post.
I used butter instead of margarine. And I didn't use paprika on top. 5 minutes at broil was too much. Most of them were burned. But I was able to save 2 half of bread. Very good when we want something easy and quick without chopping garlic. Thanks Jackie :) Made for 123 hit wonders
Great! This was really simple and tasty. Since I often times have hoagie rolls in the freezer, this makes a nice quick bread for 1-2 servings. Thanks JackieOhNo! for a nice keeper. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.