Prep 2 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is definately a "left over rice in the fridge, too lazy to cook" recipe. Make sure that you use leftover rice and not fresh--fresh rice will fry up to be mush! Great fix if you're starving, sleep deprived, and have a million assignments to get finished by the end of the night!
- 2 cups leftover cooked rice (I like brown rice)
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrot
- 1⁄2 cup morningstar farms veggie crumbles
- 1⁄2 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 -2 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 dashes low sodium soy sauce
- chili sesame oil, to taste (light drizzling)
- black pepper, to taste
- ginger powder, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- chili flakes, to taste
- salt, if desired (optional)
- In a wok or large skillet on med-high heat, add oil and sautee onion briefly.
- Add the rice, stir, and let set for a couple minutes. Part the rice in center and add peas and carrots, then veggie crumbles and let cook for a minute or so, then combine with the rest of the rice.
- Add the splashes of soy sauce and the rest of the ingredients. Let the mixture cook for a few more minutes. Adjust seasoning to liking.
I really liked this rice and my kids did too. We ate it in wraps with scrambled eggs and veggie cheese. Thanks DiZzY.