Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make these delicious candy-can cupcakes in a jiffy! Fast, easy, delicious and very Christmasy!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 5 candy canes (finely crushed)
- 1 (450 g) can vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grind candy canes in your coffee grinder attachment of your food processor or in a really clean coffee grinder (especially good if you have never used this to grind coffee beans!).
- Beat eggs, oil, water, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- 4Stir in dry cake mix and 1/3 cup of powdered candy cane.
- Mix well.
- Pour into greased or papered cupcake tins.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes at 350°F (until fork comes out clean when inserted into center of cupcake).
- Let cool completely.
- Frost with white icing.
- Sprinkle remaining candy cane mixture on top of icing (color will change once set).
- 1Store in an airtight container.