Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the costco recipe magazine. Posted for safekeeping
Make and share this In a Heartbeat Atlantic Salmon With Red Curry Coconut Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 cup tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3⁄4 shrimp bouillon cube
- 1⁄4-1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 -6 ounces salmon fillets
- vegetable oil
- In a medium saucepan, combine coconut milk, tomato sauce, ginger, shrimp bouillon, and curry paste.
- Bring sauce to a boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly.
- Immediately lower temperature to medium low and simmer for 7 minutes, stirring occationally.
- Stir in cilantro and remove from heat; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, brush salmon with vegetable oil and season to taste with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Grill for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the salmon and serve with rice if you like.
This was really good. I didn't have shrimp stock, so I used some seafood stock base instead. Nice flavor, and just a touch of heat from the curry paste. I've never used pasta sauce in a curry dish, but the tomato added a richness to the sauce that wouldn't have been there otherwise. Thanks for posting!
This deserves more stars! A very nice sauce that does not overpower the flavor of the salmon. We will be having this often!