Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
The recipe was found in the 1973 cookbook, Scandinavian Cooking. Preparation time does not include the time needed to boil the potatoes.
- 6 medium potatoes, medium-size, boiled, hot
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 cups milk, warm
- 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F & butter a 2-quart baking dish.
- Slice potatoes into the prepared baking dish, layering them AND sprinkling each layer with flour & suger.
- Whisk together the salt, warm milk & margarine & pour it over the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown, then serve.
This is a different dish alltogether, but DIFFERENT IN A GOOD WAY! It tastes sweet and salty at the same time and the milk goes so well with the potatoes. All the flavours of things you eat regularly blend together and make for a very new, satisfying taste experience. I baked my pudding for 45 minutes and it hadnt set up then, so that it was more saucy than youd expect from a pudding, but I didnt mind that at all. It was just YUMMY! Oh and I used only 2ts of salt, which was plenty. Thanks so much for sharing this super duper recipe with us, Syd! Its definitely a keeper! Made and reviewed for the Edn8 Make my Recipe June 09.