Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the famous arabic finger food made with roasted and pureed aubergines, lemon juice, tahini and garlic. This is famous all over the arab world and abroad and is quick and easy and of course yummy. Serve with pita bread or tortilla chips. Tip: Do not puree the roasted aubergine into paste,,,,,,leave it a bit chunky.
- 1 large aubergine, roasted and peeled
- 2 garlic flakes, mashed
- 3 -4 tablespoons tahini paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of chopped spring onion
- Mix well together the aubergines, salt, garlic, lemon juice and tahini paste. Spread it on a flat or deepset plate and sprinkle chopped spring onions on it. Then just add olive oil to it without stirring. Serve with pita bread or tortilla chips.