Recipe by sunnydays
My favorite pasta dish to make! After you're done chopping, just put it all in the oven - easy and very tasty! From Bartlett's Ocean View Farm Cookbook in Nantucket,MA...where my dad was raised and my grandpa still lives! Tastes great even when tomatoes are not at peak season!
Top Review by Merlot
This is fantastic!!!! Wish I could give it 10 starts. I omitted the anchovy fillets because neither one of us like it. I used a combination of green and black olives that I needed to use up also. This great dish will make a repeat performance in this household for sure. LOVED IT!!!! Thanks for sharing, sunnydays.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, shredded
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive, coarsely chopped (I omit)
- 8 anchovy fillets, minced (I also omit)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the tomatoes and olive oil in a mixing bowl and toss well. Mix in garlic, parsley, and anchovies if using. Season with salt and pepper.
- Layer half the tomato mixture in a 9X13 baking dish. Dot with half of the blue cheese crumbled into small blobs. Sprinkle with half the olives, red pepper flakes to taste, and half the basil. Top the remaining tomato mixture and then layer again with cheese, olives, red pepper flakes and basil.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. The mixture should be bubbling and lightly crusted on top.
- Cook linguini in a large pot of boiling, salted water until at dente. Drain. Divide the hot linguine among serving plates or bowls and spoon a generous amount of the roasted sauce over the top of each serving.
- For Vegetarian option omit the anchovy fillets.