Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com. This is an updated version of the "Olive Garden" Alfredo Pasta recipe. This recipe includes more grated Parmesan cheese and fresh garlic instead of garlic powder. You'll find this sauce thickens easier and has an improved Olive Garden taste. Just be sure not to crank the heat up too high when simmering the sauce or it could break, resulted in a not-so-creamy, curdled Alfredo.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium/low heat.
- Add the garlic, cream, pepper and salt, and bring mixture to a simmer.
- Turn the heat down if the mixture reaches a rapid boil or it could boil over.
- You just want a simmer.
- Add the cheese, and continue to simmer sauce for 8 minutes or until thick.
- While sauce cooks, bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a boil and add the pasta.
- Cook pasta for about 12 minutes or until done, then drain it.
- Spoon pasta onto serving plates with Alfredo sauce poured over the top.
I got this recipe from Top Secret Recipes/Todd Wilbur. I added 12 oz of shallots because I wanted seafood. I also added extra Parmesan cheese. Next time I'll add some fresh parsley. My recipe said this serves 3, but I think it serves more like 6 (although it's easy to keep going back for more). Thank you for posting this delicious recipe!
this is a great recipe! i have used it at home and at parties! and i am making it tonight you almost always have the stuff on hand! by the way i use fresh parmesan cheese and i use a dash of nutmeg as well. the only thing i dont like about this is i taste to much butter so this time i will lower it down 1-2 ts. all in all its a GREAT recipe!
This was a very good, quick meal! My 5 year old loved it but my husband and I thought it could have used a little more garlic and pepper. I'll definately make it again and make another reviewers suggestion to add nutmeg!