1 hr 3 mins
Catfish Charlie's Note:
An adaptation of a recipe from Bette Hagman's Gluten Free Gourmet. It handles more easily and is better tasting and more nutritious due to the addition of bean flour. This pasta is better than store bought dried pasta but not as good as normal homemade pasta made from durum wheat. Well we can't have everything now can we. The bean flour can be easy-to-find garfava flour, but if you can, make your own Great Northern Bean flour for this. It tastes much milder and will really improve the quality of the pasta. If you double the recipe, you can use 5 large eggs instead of 6 medium eggs. You can also freeze the pasta after rolling and cutting it- then just drop it into water whenever you want fresh pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift dry ingredients together and stir in a stand mixer with a bread attachment.
- 2In a separate bowl beat together the eggs and oil.
- 3Add beaten eggs/oil to the dry mix and mix well, scraping down the sides as needed.
- 4Let the mixer knead this dough until thoroughly mixed.
- 5Form a ball of dough and wrap in plastic wrap.
- 6Refrigerate the dough for at least an hour.
- 7The dough should be firm enough to roll it out on a clean smooth surface with minimal flouring of surfaces (use corn starch or sweet rice flour to flour surfaces).
- 8Roll out balls of dough the size of golf balls until VERY thin (thin enough to be translucent).
- 9Cut into 3/8 inch strips for linguini, or use for ravioli, lasagna, or whatever else you have in mind.
- 10Cook in gently boiling salted water with oil added (the oil is important for this type of pasta) and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Improved Gluten Free Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.9
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 186.1 mg
- Sodium 452.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: