Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A very pretty dessert to serve that is pretty easy to make. Adopted from a clip out that showcased Borden's milk.
- 1 (23 ounce) package brownie mix
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled & sliced
- melted chocolate (optional)
- Grease or spray two 9-inch round cake pans and the line with parchment paper, extending paper up the sides of pans, then grease or spray paper.
- Prepare brownie mix by adding 2 tbls water, canola oil, and the 2 eggs - mixing evenly. Divide the batter evenly between the two prepared pans.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until top springs back when touched.
- Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, mix sweetened condensed milk and water.
- Beat in the pudding mix.
- Chill for 5 minutes.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Place one brownie layer on a serving plate and top with half each of the pudding mixture and strawberries then repeat with the 2nd layer.
- Optional: drizzle top of cake with the melted chocolate to decorate a bit.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
What an impressive dessert, with just a little work!! Loved the chocolate and strawberries together and the creamy filling is delicious! I assembled the torte in a springform pan then let it chill for a few hours before taking it out. It helped keep the sides very even. Made for Think Pink 2010.