Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A creamy vegetable, with added taste to suit all the family. easy and versatile
- 2 lbs potatoes, cubed
- 1 onion, large, small dice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, fine chopped
- 2 ounces cheese, cheddar, grated
- 1 ounce butter
- salt and pepper
- Place potatoes in a saucepan, adding the onion. and enough water to cover.
- Simmer until the potatoes are just cooked. and drain.
- Mash well, adding enough milk to make creamy. adding the butter.
- Mix in the parsley and cheese. mix well.
- Serve hot. Can also be heated in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until the top has slightly browned.
- Also a nice variation as a topping for casseroles, and meat pies.
I love mashed potatoes and cheese and these were delicious, nice and flavorful but not too heavy. I used Tillamook Cheddar. Made for 2015 Culinary Quest by one of the Toasted Tourists.
So simple and so good. I used a white cheddar and loved this addition in the potatoes. Thanks for sharing, Joy. Made for Culinary Quest 2.
I made these delicious potatoes last night to go with my guinness pot roast. I used green onions and Dubliner cheese -- so easy to make and really tasty. Made for Culinary Quest 2015.