Recipe by JoyfulCook
A creamy vegetable, with added taste to suit all the family. easy and versatile
Top Review by momaphet
I love mashed potatoes and cheese and these were delicious, nice and flavorful but not too heavy. I used Tillamook Cheddar. Made for 2015 Culinary Quest by one of the Toasted Tourists.
- 2 lbs potatoes, cubed
- 1 onion, large, small dice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, fine chopped
- 2 ounces cheese, cheddar, grated
- 1 ounce butter
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in a saucepan, adding the onion. and enough water to cover.
- Simmer until the potatoes are just cooked. and drain.
- Mash well, adding enough milk to make creamy. adding the butter.
- Mix in the parsley and cheese. mix well.
- Serve hot. Can also be heated in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until the top has slightly browned.
- Also a nice variation as a topping for casseroles, and meat pies.