Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very pretty-and very good. Great make ahead dish for potlucks.
- 1 head lettuce, broken in pieces
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 4 hardboiled egg, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1 cup green pepper, diced
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- bacon bits (optional)
- In 9X12 glass dish layer (in order given) first 5 ingredients.
- Combine mayonnaise and sugar, spread over top.
- Top with cheese.
- Sprinkle with bacon bits.
- Chill at least 3 hours.
Very tasty salad - I cut the salad back to one serving and had a light dressing on top. The photos do not do it justice because with a one serving salad the layers are not deep enough to show from the side. but the flavor is still there. Did not use bacon bits.
I love this salad! My mom makes this all the time in the summer, it's like a meal, very easy & delicious!