Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very simple chicken dish to impress someone with. Great practice dish for a beginner cook.
- Pound chicken breasts very thinly between waxed paper.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Broil chicken for 3-5 minutes on each side or until done.
- Set chicken aside.
- In pan, melt butter.
- Sprinkle with flour and cook for a minute or two over low flame.
- Add milk and whisk gently until sauce thickens.
- Remove pan from flame and add wine.
- Allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Add mustard, salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken on a bed of sauteed fresh spinach and mushrooms with sauce on top.
- Garnish with diced tomatoes.
The recipe is appropriately named!!! I doubled the sauce portion of the recipe -- I wanted to make sure I have enough. We're not big spinach fans, so I served the chicken over some rice and had roasted fresh asparagus with it. I also added the sauteed mushrooms to the sauce. We enjoyed this very much. Thank you for sharing this recipe with all of us.
This was very, very good! I first sauteed some mushrooms and then added them to the sauce later. I followed the recipe for the sauce (but did add a bit more milk) and, like another reviewer, cooked the chicken breasts on my George Formean Grill. I also followed the suggestion to serve it with sauteed spinach (but on the side, as my hubby does not care for spinach). It was a lovely meal - thanks for sharing!
Delish! I was searching for something low in carbs and fat for my husband who was just diagnosed with diabetes and this one worked great. I served it with sauteed spinach and mushrooms and I cooked the chicken on the George Foreman. I will definelty do it again. I just wish I had taken out more chicken this morning!