Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This comes from one of our favorite restaurants in Savannah, GA. Yummy and rich.
- 2 dozen crumbled macaroons
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon or 1⁄2 cup rum
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 eggs, seperated
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 dozen double ladyfinger
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Soak the crumbled macaroons in the liquor.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg yolks.
- Add melted chocolate, vanilla, nuts and soaked macaroons.
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks; fold into chocolate mixture.
- Grease a springform pan and line with single ladyfingers.
- Chill overnight.
- Remove from pan and decorate with the heavy cream whipped with the 3T sugar.