Recipe by Melvin'sWifey
I have made life long friends by sharing this banana bread my Mom gave me a few years back. So moist and so pretty! If you know how to measure, you seriously can't mess this recipe up.
Top Review by Pale Rose
Our entire family loved it! My husband loved it so much that he like eating it without butter spread on it. For my husband, that is saying a LOT, so this recipe definitely warrants 5 stars. :)
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped (walnuts or any nut of your choice works)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour batter into one greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes, until a knife comes out of the center clean.
- Let the banana bread cool then cut into slices as needed.