Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A delightfully easy and delicious vegetable pie from Bisquick. Makes getting dinner on the table a snap.
- 2 cups chopped broccoli or 2 cups sliced cauliflower
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped yellow bell peppers or 1⁄3 cup red bell pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- Spray a 9-inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, heat 1 inch of salted water.
- Add broccoli; cover and bring to a boil.
- Cook 5 minutes or until almost tender; drain thoroughly.
- In a bowl, mix together the broccoli, onion, bell pepper, and cheese.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir until blended.
- Transfer mixture to the pie plate.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let rest 5 minutes before cutting to serve.
I did enjoy this for my supper last night, though I'd say it's more of a quiche than it is a pie. I used half cauliflower and half broccoli, both of which I merely cooked in the microwave. I also added some canned and drained mushrooms. Next time I will add a bit more salt. I'm enjoying some leftovers for breakfast this morning. Thanks, rather!
Easy to make and absolutely delicious. I use any vegetable I happen to have in my refrigerator, but I like broccoli and cauliflower best.
Love this! You can make this at the end of the week to use up whatever vegi's/meats/whatever you have left and it is totally yum! Use the heart healthy Bisquick and it is even pretty good for you too! Thanks for the awesome recipe!!