12 hrs 10 mins
Lord Bezoar's Note:
This has become a staple in our home. We absolutely LOVE this pork. There is a restaurant chain here in Utah called Costa Vida and this is as close as we have come to replicating the sweet pork they make there for the burritos/salads/etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a skillet over high heat--we prefer to use Cast-Iron for searing, so if you have one, use it.
- 2Rub the Salt and Pepper all over the roast.
- 3Sear the Roast in the skillet for 1-2 min per side.
- 4Toss the seared Roast in your crock-pot.
- 5sprinkle the Brown Sugar over the roast and then dump the salsa over the top of that.
- 6Cook on Low for 10-12 hours. You will know when the roast is done, because it will shred easily with a couple of forks.
- 7Shred the pork right there in your crockpot and mix it all up with the drippings and other liquids.
- 8Serve as a filling for tacos/burritos or on top of salads.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Impossibly Easy Sweet Pulled Pork
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 500.6
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 142.8 mg
- Sodium 445.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 41.1 g
- Protein 50.7 g