Recipe by Barb G.
Even people who think they don't like spinach will love this Greek-style pie! Serve this meatless pie with a green salad with your favorite dressing for a perfect meal.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 medium green onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed to drain
- 1⁄2 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- grease 9-inch pie plate.
- Melt butter in a 10 inch skillet over medium heat.
- Cook onions and garlic in butter 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in spinach; spread mixture in a pie plate.
- Spread with cottage cheese.
- Stir bisquick mix, milk, lemon juice, pepper and eggs until blended.
- pour into pie plate; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and nutmeg.
- Bake about 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.