Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This makes an easy breakfast or light supper entree. Adapted from a Bisquick recipe.
Make and share this Impossibly Easy Quesadilla Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Spray a 9-inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender; remove skillet from heat.
- Stir in tomato, chiles, olives, 1 cup cheese, cumin, and salt and pepper.
- Spread mixture evenly into pie plate.
- In a bowl, add the Bisquick, milk, and eggs; stir until well blended.
- Pour batter over vegetable mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remainder of cheese and bake 3-5 more minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Loved this, will spice up a wee bit more, since we are from Louisiana. Thanks, NurseDI!
Had this for Sunday supper. Wow, this was delicious. DH loved it too. We both went back for seconds. Have made many impossible pies but this is one of the BEST. Followed recipe exactly and its a definite keeper.