Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This came from Betty Crocker's Website. It is rather like a pizza quiche pie. You can add whatever toppings you like along with the peppers. It's quick, easy and tasty!
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces pizza sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red pepper
- 3⁄4-1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 9 inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle onion and parmesan cheese in bottom of pie pan.
- Stir bisquick, milk and eggs til blended.
- Pour into pie pan.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Spread with pizza sauce and top with remaining ingredients.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes until cheese is light brown.
- Cool five minutes before serving.
Junebug, my kids loved this...kinda like a thick crust pizza with lots of mozz cheese, italian sausage, onions and mushrooms and some tomatoes. Super simple supper! TY
My boyfriend and I made this for dinner this weekend, and it was so good -- and easy! We skipped the peppers, used a little less onion, added ground spicy Italian sausage to the bottom, and used the low-fat Bisquick. When it was time to add cheese, we used low-fat shredded mozzarella, put some turkey pepperoni on it, and then added Italian seasoning, oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, and ground black pepper. It was so good. The only bad part was there were no leftovers by the time we got up from the table!
I was looking for a quick and easy dinner after a long day outdoors with the kidlets and this was perfect! Made the recipe exactly as it was posted and it turned out perfect! We will definitely be making this again! Thanks! :)