Recipe by Abby Girl
This was one of the first recipes that I made when I started cooking, way back when in the late 70s'. It is absolutely fool proof...as long as you remember that it makes one serving. My family and friends were so impressed with this recipe (or maybe it was the fact that I made it!!!), it got passed around a number of times. I got this recipe from an old boyfriend. This was the only thing good I got from this relationship....so I kept the recipe, dumped the boyfriend!!!!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon bovril powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup boiling water
- mozzarella cheese, grated
- parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- NOTE: the recipe calls for liquid bovril not powder bovril. I use Knoor bouillon concentrate. The computer did not recognize this ingredient, so please make this adjustment.
- This recipe is for a single serving. For 2 people, double the recipe -- for 3 people, triple the recipe, etc.
- Saute the onion in the butter until tender. Add bovril, worcestershire sauce and boiling water.
- Simmer for 1/2 hour.
- To serve: Sprinkle some parmesan cheese and serve ~or~ place soup in oven proof bowls. Shread a piece of french bread into the bowl. Grate some mozzarella cheese and add to the bowl. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake in 375 oven for 20 minutes or until cheese has melted.