Recipe by Misti_Country_Girl
Found this recipe in the Oct 2000 Bisquick Cookbook. Sounded good.
Top Review by mandabears
i loved this recipe, wow! easy and filling and tasted like a reuben pie. i did make a few adjustments: i used 3 brats, and the whole can 14 ounce of well drained sauerkraut( i love sauerkraut). it's a keeper
- 1⁄2 lb bratwurst, cooked and cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup Bisquick or 3⁄4 cup Bisquick reduced-fat baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup beer or 1⁄2 cup non-alcoholic beer
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400*.
- Grease pie plate.
- Sprinkle bratwurst, sauerkraut and cheese in pie plate.
- Stir remaining ingredients until blended.
- Pour into pie plate.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a salad of sliced beets and red onions on a bed of greens drizzled with vinaigrette dressing.