Prep 30 mins
Cook 44 mins
Easy and delicious. Adapted from a Bisquick recipe.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef, onion, and garlic until meat is browned; drain.
- In a 13x9 inch baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, layer the cottage cheese and parmesan cheese.
- To the beef mixture, add 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, Italian seasoning, and tomato paste; stir to combine.
- Spoon evenly over the cheese.
- In a mixing bowl, add the Bisquick, milk, pepper, and eggs; stir to blend.
- Pour over the beef mixture.
- Baked at 400°, uncovered, for 40-42 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese melts.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.