Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
The classic flavor of Christmas is in an easy-to-make pie. You will enjoy this pie with Spiced Whipped Cream, recipe for which is included. Or for a colorful and festive dessert, you may wish to make fresh raspberry sauce by processing 1 cup fresh or frozen thawed and drained raspberries, 1 tablespoon water and 1 tablespoon sugar until smooth in the food processor. You can press through a sieve to remove seeds, if desired. Recipe comes from Betty Crocker.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream (heavy)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons rum or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rum extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup original Bisquick baking mix
Spiced Whipped Cream
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream (heavy)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray bottom and side of a 9 x 1-1/4-inch pie plate, with cooking spray.
- Beat all ingredients except Bisquick and Spiced Whipped Creeam in medium bowl with a wire whisk. Stir in Bisquick mix. Pour into pie plate.
- Bake 42-45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1-1/2 hours. Serve with Spiced Whipped Cream. Store covered in refrigerator.
- Spiced Whipped Cream: Beat all ingredients in chilled small bowl with elefctric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form.