Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
This is a beautiful and beautifully simple pie to serve all during the holiday season. If you plan ahead and freeze a bag of cranberries, you can even serve it during the year. It is at once sweet and tart and altogether pleasing to the palate. Recipe is from Linda Larson at About.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cranberries
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup original Bisquick baking mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 10-inch pie plate with nonstick baking spray containing flour.
- Mix cranberries, orange peel, and walnuts and sprinkle evenly into pie plate.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl and beat until smooth. Carefully pour over cranberries in pie plate.
- Bake 35-40 minutes in preheated oven or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Chill for 6 hours before serving. Garnish with ice cream or whipped cream.