Recipe by Alley Barbie
Get all the great taste of a cheeseburger magically baked in a pie. http://www.bettycrocker.com/Recipes/Recipe.aspx?recipeId=35487
Top Review by Cookin it up
This is amazing! I've been making this for years and was glad someone posted on here so I don't have to look it up! This time I accidentally mixed the cheese in with the batter and it still came out delicious. I've also added bacon to make it a bacon cheeseburger pie. Thanks for posting!
- 1 lb lean ground beef (at least 80%)
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup original Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in salt. Spread in pie plate. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In small bowl, stir remaining ingredients with fork or wire whisk until blended. Pour into pie plate.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Bake 30 to 35 minutes.
- Make the Most of This Recipe.
- Did You Know?.
- This recipe has been on the Bisquick® mix box for years, and it is still one of the most-requested Impossibly Easy Pie recipes.
- Special Touch.
- Top off a slice of this delicious pie just like you would a cheeseburger. Some favorites are barbecue sauce, bacon, ketchup, salsa and sliced tomato. Or go wild with pineapple slices or avocado!