Recipe by Kristin in Michigan
A very good and easy banana custard pie. My kids loved it! I found it in my new Bisquick cookbook and thought I would pass it along.
Top Review by BonnieZ
This was a tasty pie and very pretty pie, but the finished texture is not really a custard consistancy. I used newly purchased bananas, and would recommend using overly ripe ones as the banana flavor did not shine as much as I thought it would. It was quick and easy to throw together. Thank you Kristin for sharing the recipe.
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 medium)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3⁄4 cup frozen whipped topping (thawed)
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, if desired
- caramel topping, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 Grease pie plate 9 x 1/4 in.
- Mix bananas and lemon juice: set aside Stir remaining ingredients except whipped topping and and walnuts in medium bowl until blended.
- Add banana mixture: stir until blended.
- Pour into pie plate Bake 40- 45 minutes or until golden brown and knife inserted in center come out clean; cool.
- Cover and refriderate about 2 hours until chilled.
- Spread whipped topping; sprinkle walnuts, and drizzle with carmel topping.
- Store covered in refriderator.