- 1 cup butter (NO SUBSITUTES)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook butter, sugar, water and corn syrup to the crack stage (290°F) checking with a candy thermometer.
- Add half the finely chopped almonds and cook 3 minutes more.
- Pour into a well buttered 9-inch square pan and let cool.
- Invert the pan and candy will fall out.
- (Sprinkle it with melted semi-sweet chocolate while stil hot if desired, or with nuts.
- Break apart.
- Store in an airtight container (if it lasts that long!).