Recipe by Bergy
This recipe is from "The Chopping Block' printed in a local magazine. I have not made it but love Impossible Pies of all kinds. I searched Zaar but could not find another one -
Top Review by dissjwine
I wondered about no eggs in the recipe, but after reading the review tried the recipe for lunch today...however it did not firm up as I expected, so perhaps it does need an egg or two?? Will be interested in reading other reviews as my family does enjoy this combination of flavors.
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, chopped,unpeeled
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped tomato, fresh,unpeeled
- 1⁄4 cup grated low-fat parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated skim milk
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat baking mix
- 1 teaspoon dry parsley flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Spray a 10" deep dish pie plate with veggie oil.
- Layer the zucchini,onion,& tomato in the pie plate.
- Sprinkle cheeses evenly over the veggies.
- Combine the biscuit mix, pepper, parsley& milk, mix well using a whisk.
- Pour mixture over the veggies.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a knife comes out clean, cool on wire rack for 5 minutes- serve.