Recipe by *Petunia*
If you like easy meals, try this one. It is a good recipe to keep handy for using the garden vegetables up because any veggies can be substituted.
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
Loved it! I used lightly sauteed yellow onion, mushrooms, bell pepper and broccoli, used mix of swiss, parmesan and mozzarella cheese and added some thyme and a little cayenne. Delicious! Thanks for posting the easy, super flexible recipe!
- 2 cups fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (4 oz)
- 3⁄4 cup Bisquick
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Grease a 10" pie plate.
- Boil 1" of water in a saucepan and add the broccoli. Cover and return to a boil. Boil for 5 to 7 minutes or until almost tender and then drain.
- In a bowl, mix the cooked broccoli, onion green pepper and cheese.
- Pour this mixture into the greased pie plate.
- In another bowl, mix the Bisquick, milk, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Pour on top of the vegetables in the pie plate.
- Bake uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.