Recipe by The old scone burner
Recipe comes from New Idea. I plan to make it this week - just need the rose water. You will need 4 large eggs for this recipe.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 100 g unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rose water, essence
- 2 (55 g) Turkish Delight, bars chopped
- icing sugar, to decorate (confectioners)
- 4 lightly beaten eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease an 8-cup capacity ovenproof dish.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (350F).
- Combine milk, coconut, sugar, butter, eggs, flour and essence in a large bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared dish. Sprinkle with Turkish Delight pieces.
- Place dish on an oven tray. Cook in a moderate oven (350F) for about 45 mins, or until set.
- Stand for 30 mins before serving. Serve pie dusted with sifted icing sugar.